As our Backend Infrastructure Group Manager, you will lead the teams responsible for designing and developing the mechanisms used by all of our other engineering teams such as micro-services communications infrastructure, database abstractions, build and deployment tooling, monitoring and reporting tooling and development tooling.
Our systems are built in a microservice architecture that interacts with external systems (such as the blockchain and our partners’ systems) and meets demanding performance, resilience, and security requirements. The code is written mostly in Python and utilizes continuous integration, automated testing methodologies and automated deployment methodologies across multiple cloud infrastructures.
The right candidate:
- Is a university graduate in computer science, with a high GPA.
- Has at least 8 years of hands-on software development experience, designing and building complex, highly available, production-grade systems.
- Has at least 3 years of experience managing development teams.
- Has very good communication skills (oral and written).
- Is curious by nature and a quick learner.
- Has a hands-on, “getting things done” mentality.
Ideally experienced with:
- Implementation of services in a microservice architecture.
- Linux operating system, its internals and ecosystem.
- AWS/GCP or other cloud platforms.
- Performance optimizations.
- CI/CD and TDD methodologies.
- NoSQL databases at scale.
- Tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Flask, or similar.
- Blockchain technologies.