StarkWare is building Starknet, a decentralized layer-2 network (“Blockchain on top of a Blockchain”), which is also a decentralized ecosystem with its own economy. In building the foundation of this economy, StarkWare is relying on economic insights extracted from complex online data. We are looking for a candidate who is able to obtain such economic insights: asking the appropriate economic questions, forming hypotheses, figuring out where the relevant data can be found, extracting it and culminating with analyzing said data and formulating the economic insights.
As our econometrician, you will work closely with various entities within the organization (including product, finance, and engineering) as well as with our principal research scientist, Professor Noam Nisan, and become the “go-to” destination for economic analysis in the company.
The position may also be appropriate as a half-time position for PhD candidates that are currently pursuing their PhD degree.
The right candidate:
- Holds a graduate degree (masters or phd) in economics or a related field.
- Has experience in data analysis.
- Is proactive and independent.
- Has excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Has basic programming skills (e.g. in Python).
- Has experience with SQL.
- Is familiar with data collection and analysis frameworks/tools.
- Is familiar with blockchain and cryptoeconomics.