StarkWare is a well-funded startup taking on the two major challenges plaguing the blockchain ecosystem – scalability and privacy. We’re building an innovative tech stack that includes zero-knowledge proofs, blockchain technologies, and modern cryptography.
What’s it like to work with us?
- We have a creative start-up environment
- We built a strong team, including leading researchers from the Technion and UC Berkeley
- You will get to work at the forefront of blockchain applications and technologies
- You will learn a lot
- We strongly believe in having a personal life and encourage work-life balance.
- We actively work to build a diverse team
As our Senior Backend Software Engineer in StarkWare, you will design and develop complex high-performance, high-quality software, spanning across algorithms, application logic, and infrastructure.
Our system is built in a microservice architecture that interacts with external systems (such as the blockchain and our partners’ systems) and meets demanding performance, resilience, and security requirements. The code is written mostly in Python and in C++ and utilizes continuous delivery and automated testing methodologies.
The right candidate:
- Has at least 5 years of development experience in a high-level object-oriented language (preference for Python and C++)
- Is a University graduate in Computer Science (with a high GPA)
- Has experience building complex, high-scale, high-performance software
- Is curious by nature and a quick learner
Ideally experienced with:
- Advanced OOM and design patterns
- Performance optimizations
- Linux operating system, its internals, and ecosystem
- Interaction with NoSQL databases at scale
- Implementation of services in a microservice architecture
- Interaction with tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Flask, or similar
- Algorithm development
- Cryptographic primitives and protocols
- Blockchain technologies
- CI/CD and TDD methodologies
If that’s you – we’d love to hear from you.