We (Gateway.FM) are looking for a Senior Python Engineer who is interested in blockchain, Ethereum and/or Bitcoin to join our globally distributed team (around UTC+1).
Join a small engineering-focused org where you will have a ton of autonomy. You’ll have a strong impact on technical decisions and have the potential to advance quickly into a leadership role.
We are building a ZK-Rollup (Layer 2 solution) together with StarkWare (https://starkware.co).
Read more about the project: https://starkware.co/product/starknet/
We work open source.
Why you should join us
- Competitive salary: EUR 5000+/month (or higher for experienced applicants).
- Autonomy: Fully remote team with great dynamics. We won’t micro-manage you.
- Experienced team: We’ve done this before. We have people onboard from blockchain companies like the Ethereum Foundation, Status, Infura, and ConsenSys.
- Lean (Kanban) methodology: We focus on people and getting things done.
- Novel work: Be part of the blockchain movement instead of building yet another CRUD app.
- Ownership: As a small team, we have a lot to build. You’ll work side-by-side with other smart people and feel proud of what you create.
- Highly technical company: We’re a small company with engineering at our core. You won’t have to have frustrating conversations with non-technical people.
Role and responsibilities: You’ll work on the core of our roll-up solution. Specifically, we’re looking for someone to help us with:
- Developing new features
- Integrating with the Ethereum blockchain
- Work on storing proofs and commitments
- Work on the p2p layer of the app
- Creating automated tests (API and unit tests)
- Contributing to our design and architecture discussions
- Reviewing code from the rest of the team
Requirements and skills
Our ideal candidate is an experienced engineer with Python experience. It’s great if you have blockchain experience already, but if do not we are happy to teach you.
Specifically, we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in developing with Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Deep understanding of profiling, including experience with using a performance profiler
- Excellent understanding of memory management and memory allocation
- Extensive experience with containerization (we use Docker)
- Obsessive about writing modular code, creating reusable components and libraries
- Ability to write optimized code: both in terms of speed and scalability
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with version control (git)
- Experience working with Embedded DB
- Experience building DApps on Ethereum or other blockchains (web3.js or other libraries and solidity)
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short intro, or contact Igor on Telegram: mandrigin