StarkNet Developer AdvocateApply
StarkNet is a permissionless ZK-Rollup, powered by the STARK zero-knowledge proof protocol. It is a Layer-2 scaling solution that settles on Ethereum. StarkNet Alpha, supporting general computation and composability, has been on a public testnet since June 2021, and on Mainnet Ethereum since Nov 2021.
StarkWare has raised over $250M from Paradigm, Sequoia, the Ethereum Foundation, Vitalik Buterin, and other notable investors. Over the past year, its permissioned scaling solution, StarkEx, has scaled the platforms of dYdX, Sorare, Immutable, DeversiFi, and Celer. Both StarkNet and StarkEx are written in Cairo, a Turing-complete language for STARK-proving computational statements. Cairo was invented by StarkWare.
Geography: we are looking for a Developer Advocate who is based in Bangalore, India. Most of the team is based in Israel.
Objective: spreading the StarkNet and Cairo gospel
- Write technical content, including tutorials
- Regularly write Cairo and use the fast-moving StarkNet toolchain in order to better understand the developer experience
- Review and critique code for newcomers to StarkNet
- Plan and host meetups/workshops/hackathons, both online and in-person, to educate developers. Travel is a must.
A strong candidate should be:
- An excellent communicator (teacher, f2f, and on Crypto-Twitter)
- Fluent in English (North America) or Mandarin (Far East). Other languages are a plus
- Familiar with and interested in blockchain/crypto/DeFi
- Knows how to initiate and promote new activities
Additional Background Reading Material:
- StarkWare: Medium, Twitter
- StarkNet: Website
- Hasu gets STARK-pilled: an Uncommon Core podcast episode with Eli Ben-Sasson (YouTube, Spotify)
- Super-scaling with StarkWare: a Bankless podcast episode with Eli Ben-Sasson and Uri Kolodny (YouTube, Spotify)
If that’s you (or close enough) – we’d love for you to contact us.